Fibernet is a 100% pci compliant data center
In September of 2006, the leading payment brands, including American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, and JCB International, founded the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Security Standards Council with the express purpose of establishing and promoting-on a global scale-the adoption of certain, consistent data security measures. These measures are outlined in a comprehensive set of requirements called the PCI Data Security Standard (PCI DSS); such requirements include stringent mandates for security management, policies, procedures, network infrastructure, software design, and other security elements.
The specific requirements stated in the PCI DSS can be found on the official website of the PCI Security Standards Council as follows:
- Build and Maintain a Secure Network
- Requirement 1: Install and maintain a firewall configuration to protect cardholder data
- Requirement 2: Do not use vendor-supplied defaults for system passwords and other security parameters
- Protect Cardholder Data
- Requirement 3: Protect stored cardholder data
- Requirement 4: Encrypt transmission of cardholder data across open, public networks
- Maintain a Vulnerability Management Program
- Requirement 5: Use and regularly update anti-virus software
- Requirement 6: Develop and maintain secure systems and applications
- Implement Strong Access Control Measures
- Requirement 7: Restrict access to cardholder data by business need-to-know
- Requirement 8: Assign a unique ID to each person with computer access
- Regularly Monitor and Test Networks
- Requirement 10: Track and monitor all access to network resources and cardholder data
- Requirement 11: Regularly test security systems and processes
- Maintain an Information Security Policy
- Requirement 12: Maintain a policy that addresses information security
The PCI DSS is foremost intended to help organizations that accept, process, and store sensitive payment account information protect that data from being compromised. The PCI Security Standards Council understands that the PCI DSS may be subject to modifications as new security risks arise and will enhance the listed protocol as needed, while continuing to promote PCI compliancy wherever it applies.
At Fibernet we are a 100% PCI Compliant Data Center that has been around for 15 years. We pride ourselves in helping our customers out and becoming the best PCI Compliant data center. If you would like more information on how we can help you to become 100% PCI compliant please contact us at 801.223.9939.